Everyday that I have the privledge of waking up, I am so thankful that I am still here. I have a general idea with calendars full of appointments, meetings, schedules etc but one never knows for sure what the day will bring.
I was out with the computers in an elementary school and it was the first day with the kids. Excitement is in the air as they had watched me the day before making some changes to the laptops after running into snags with a different class. I did not think that day was ever going to end! So the computers are out, they are turned on and the kids are touching the keys and asking so many questions. I see the principal come in and talk to the teacher and then he came in again. As I am stepping the kids through how and where to save their work, I am given a piece of paper and told to read it...we were in a lockdown situation...the teacher was a nervous wreck and I had to keep the kids focused on the task at hand! It was hard to stay focused myself! We shortened the lesson and informed the kids of what was going on. So many unanswered questions.
No kids were allowed outside. I was able to leave and the first thing I did was give Landon a huge hug when I picked him up for violin lessons!
Today, being a new day, as I was driving out to the same school, I was wondering what the situation would be when I arrived. While in the middle of that thought, I get a phone call saying that my father-in-law had just passed away. One never knows for sure what the day will bring.
When I got out to the school, I found out that the police had arrested the guy and we were "safe" once again. What is safe?? Makes me so thankful to live where we do. I cannot imagine living in constant fear of what may happen if I was to go out the front door. Whether that be in the slums of big cities or in countries like Afghanistan.
So grateful that tomorrow is a new day...
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Everyday is a new one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great perspective... sorry for Lon's father...tomorrow is a new day & God is near!
Post a Comment