Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lindsay

Lindsay Murdock

There is so much to say, where do I begin?
I am so very thankful for her in soooo many ways, she has no idea.
I've known Lindsay since 1979, when our family moved to Madras.
Her freckles were just as amazing then as they are now!
They are Lindsay.
Lindsay has been the inspiration of this blog.
I have loved reading hers, laughing, drooling over her pictures and sometimes having a hard time reading through all the water that has collected in my eyes, knowing all the while that I could never have a blog like hers. So I didn't. I was just fine to encourage her, love on her and be blessed by her.
One evening at a meeting, I was sharing with her a story of Landon at my brother John's wedding. We were laughing so hard she said that I HAD to start a blog so my family scattered around the continent could share in Landon's growing up years. With much trepidation and fear, I did. It has been fun, a challenge, a digital scrapbook, memories shared and all the while putting pressure on myself. So much that I "went dark". The darkness lasted one year.
Yup, you guessed it, it was Lindsay who very gently encouraged me to blog again.

Last year my word was SIMPLIFY.
2010 brings me to RESTORE.
This blog has been here...just needs restored. There are many posts that have been written that are just waiting for pictures. Maybe they will be restored in 2010 to publication. Who knows?

PS-Growing up, we would tease my brother that he should marry Lindsay. Oh my, I must apologize to him for all the trauma we put him through. Not because of Lindsay, we all thought she was TOP NOTCH way back in '79! Lindsay was a household name all through high school and she never knew it even when we moved away 3 years later. We never forgot you Linds! Love you bunches and bunches and then some more!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

she is one of my FAVORITE people!!

So glad that you are "restoring" this blog!! Love reading about the life and times of Landon and his family :)

Lindsay said...

Wowsers. I'm speechless.

And blessed over and over again by you. I hope you know and believe that!

I love you friend ~ Linds (freckled.loved. blessed.)

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I am a lindsay wanna be, lindsay lover... (not "lover" lover OF)...lindsay friend....lindsay blog fan....

you both were my blog inspiration!


I am SOOOOOOOO glad you are back to bloggin!!! no pressure though, no pressure!

OXXOXO

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

oh AND I love the header. lots.

Anonymous said...

Love the "restored" you, Ronda. You are quite wonderful being you. Thanks.

Kerry said...

Thanks for feeling the same way about Lindsay that we do!!! So glad the Lord has prompted you, through Lindsay, to blog again ...... you have much to share by being you :-)
LOVE the picture on your banner!