As I sit and think about 2010 and what it has to offer, I contemplate all the resolutions people feel pressured to make at the beginning of a new year. Tonight Landon asked me, "What is a resolution?"
It made me stop and think, "What are New Years Resoultions"?
What are they supposed to accomplish?
Why do we make them?
How do we know when we have accomplished them?
Does it really make us a better person?
Do we just give up by the 27th of January when one has not kept their newest resolution for the 16th time already this year?
Do we then label ourselves failures?
Ali Edwards has put a challenge out there to find a word for the year.
Last year, my word was SIMPLIFY.
2010 brings me to RESTORE.
Restoration isn't necessarily a change. Change is finding and causing something to be different. Restoration is bringing to life that which is already there, but maybe has been pushed down, forgotten, thrown on the back shelf, junk piled in front of or hidden away.
I want restoration in my life.
How I go about restoration this year? I'm not sure. This is a chapter that is waiting to be written.
Will I feel defeated?
Weak?
Question why?
Wonder what I could have done different?
Feel scared?
Be triumphant?
Experience joy?
Seek wisdom?
Have faith?
Hope again?
Yes, I am sure and much more...
Here's to 2010!!! The year I turn 40. No, I do not want to go back and relive any of the past 39 years. They are in the past and I have no desire to revisit them. So much life to live ahead of me!
Looking forward to the restoration. Not too sure about the process. Just being honest.
Friday, January 1, 2010
RESTORE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy 2010!! May it be fully of goodness and joy!!
yeah for 40! I am not far behind you!
I think I will pick a word for the year too! fun.
hmmmmm......
Sounds like a good word for a good year!
Post a Comment