Thursday, November 9, 2006

A Crisis

Please, let us observe a moment of silence...my faithful electric tea kettle has passed on. She was 16.5 years old.

It was a sad, sad moment the evening I plugged it in to enjoy a beautiful cup of tea while scrapbooking. When I didn't hear it boiling, I went in to see if Lon had shut it off for me...then I realized she was still cold...that is when the crisis happened.



She was a Superior kind. Always faithful and very quick to make hot water. She was so pretty when she was shined up...practically after every use...I miss her so much!

In my moment of crisis, I called my friend Kirsten...being a fellow Canadian, she would understand what I was going through. Lon's comment of, "Oh" made me realize he did not have the same appreciation for her as I had. A cup of water heated in the microwave does NOT taste the same!

This last picture shows why she is no longer with us...the cord broke through...I tried and tried to make a connection to see if I could use electrical tape and prolong her life...to no avail. After several sparks and seeing blue, I thought I should just let her go.

So, here she sits in her place of rest...the kitchen garbage.

After hearing about my crisis, Stacy looked on ebay and found one for me...missed that opportunity. Until I get another one, water is being heated in an "old fashioned" tea kettle on the stove.

So long, my Superior tea kettle! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just noticed you can get them at Bi-Mart now. They aren't that shape or shiny, but still the same thing. Looks more like mine I got in Canada right after we were married. Try there!