100% Organic
Mountain Fed
Hand Gathered
Living in the mountains as we do, there are things we have deal with that the city folk do not.
The season of elk poop is upon us...
So much that when we walk outside, it smells!!! Bad!!!
Every fall, I pick up gallons of elk poop out of the yard. It went much faster with the help of a yellow Tonka truck that would come and dump his load in the big wheelbarrow!
As Landon was helping me, once again he voiced his desire for a 4 wheeler...again. For months my response has been, "No, son, I am not buying you a 4 wheeler!" This particular afternoon, he mentioned that he should have a garage sale. "I can sell some of my toys and get some money!"
Great, I thought! The conversation then went to different ways to make money...hence, elk poop for sale. I told him that he had to do the work if he wanted the money. It is not my project.
After the great gathering, he started calling his "Aunties". "Do you want to buy some elk poop? It is a penny a pellet. It will make your flowers grow beautiful!" When the sale was made, he had to write the name of the buyer and how much product they wanted on the ziploc bag.
Then the counting begins.
I look at this "adventure" as a real life learning application of math skills.
When you have a business, you must keep records. Those composition books sure do come in handy!
So far he has $4.35 in his jar.
Aunt Stacy gave him 2 cents a pellet if he would come over and spread the product!
Even though this is not my project, it sure is a lot of work for me!
I am trying to stay focused on the 'end result' of which I am striving for to be responsibility, perseverance, cause and effect, record keeping, entrepreneur, character building, if you want something you need to work for it, etc.; that some day he may grow up to be a fine, young, upstanding citizen of his community.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Elk Poop For Sale!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Ha ha, quite the enterprising young fellow! Good for him for doing it, and good for you for letting him!
Way to go, Landon!
Uncle Konrad
Does he ship out of state? Russ and Jedd have never seen Elk whooie before....
I know Jedd would buy some!
He sells in all quantities...from 11 to 500. Just got that order in!
I am sure Landon would ship out of state. Just send a little email with all the info needed...quantity, where to ship etc.
You have quite the little businessman there. I hope the smell is gone by the time we are up there in a couple of weeks! Hurry up and get that all sold Landon.
Can't wait to see you all soon.
unbelievable!!! You rock Ronda and Landan! Count me in for 2 cents a pellet. Just one bagful please! :-) Donna
This is awesome!! I love the visuals... great marketing strategy!!
I'll take $5 worth~
So, I have received my first shipment and Landon came and spread it also. When finished he volunteered to go around and pick up all the garbage that had blown into the back yard. He's good help. Oh, and for the record, he really does like to be paid in pennies, paper money just isn't as impressive! Way to go Landon. Love, Aunt Lis.
With that beguiling smile and charismatic personality, who can refuse him??
Count us in for $5 worth!
gksundberg@clearwire.net
This is so great!
Sofe was eating elk pellets out of my garden yesterday. Yummy!
Do they freeze? If so, I would like 500 pellets. Thanks.
Judah would totally have been right there! He is going to be a success one of these days! ;-)
O.K... So this is wuite possibly one of the cutest things I have ever seem. Oh' man. What a boy you have there!
O.K... So this is wuite possibly one of the cutest things I have ever seem. Oh' man. What a boy you have there!
o.k. I don't know how to type... Should say quite and seen. sorry. :)
Post a Comment