Thursday, January 25, 2007

Can I have a hamburger and french fries please?


The day the tooth broke...we went through all the wash cloths and dish towels by the time he went to bed. In fact, he fell asleep with one in his mouth!
When Landon woke up from his procedure, he started to cry because they did not put a new tooth in there. To calm him down, I took this picture to show him the great work that was done...with the "tooth shoe" and the spacer. He wanted to zoom in on his tooth really close...when we did, he looked at the top of his mouth and said that it looks like eagles flying. He does have an imagination!
Because of the big hole left in his gum from the roots being dug out, the dentist warned against "dry socket". It sounded like something that I did not want to go through with Landon! Yikes!

Upon the recommendation of the nurses, Landon was on a soft food diet, no straws or sippy cups, nothing sticky and do not eat on that side of his mouth for over a week. Landon took that advice to heart...to help himself remember, he would tip his head to the side to make sure no food got in his hole! Thank you Aunt Stacy for getting him a water pik to help keep it clean!

Everyday Landon asked if he could have a hamburger and french fries. Everyday, I told him, "No". Those were long days! Finally, the day came...he savored that hamburger and french fries!

He still wants me to take a picture every few days to see if his tooth is coming in or not...every night, he still prays for his tooth to start growing...we still tell him that he will be 11 or 12 years old before he will see his tooth...that does not stop him from praying for it!

3 comments:

Stacy B said...

Yea! A new post! Landon did such a good job of watching what he ate and drank. He even scolded me, "Stacy, I can't drink out of a straw." "Stacy, I can't bite anything hard." Silly Stacy. That child knows his stuff! You had an awful week that week and I am so glad it is over. Thanks for posting, I guess our hounding you finally paid off :)

A.S.K.-P. said...

OMG! A NEW POST! I'm getting dizzy, twirling in my tutu, sweating, I think it's getting close...there it goes, I'm headed to the floor! Watch out, and earthquake may occur from the shock to the earth!!!!

Thanks soo much for FINALLY posting woman!

Poor Landon!

Take Care & GB Hugs My Friend!

~Amy

Lindsay said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
A post from Ronda!