First of all, I need to apologize for the spelling errors last night. I know I was tired and all, but there is no excuse for that!
Last night when we got to the apt. Landon wanted macaroni and cheese minus the cheese. He insisted it was soft food and I told him it was too late. So this morning before he woke up I made the mac and cheese minus the cheese. As he was waking up, I whispered what I made. His eyes popped open and with a huge grin he said, “Mama, you are getting a big hug from your son!” What a little guy!
Landon went to play in the park with Kyndra and Avery this morning as the sun was shining. It was good for me to see him leave us for awhile and play with his friends. Thank you Joe and Stacy!
The on call Dr. checked Lon today and said that he is recovery quite quickly for this type of stroke. Lon was feeling pretty chipper and when talking on the phone to a coworker I overheard him say that he still wants to go to Orlando to a national Assistive Technology Conference on Tuesday. I said NO!! I am having a hard time being in Irrigon next week, let alone him flying across the country for 5 days!
All was well till early afternoon when he started losing color, slight nausea and dizziness came creeping up…and he thinks he’s going to Orlando…NOT!! I am stomping my foot down on that little thought!! Lon’s color came back in the evening and he ate a good dinner.
Passing time in the hospital…
Playing cards.Last night when we got to the apt. Landon wanted macaroni and cheese minus the cheese. He insisted it was soft food and I told him it was too late. So this morning before he woke up I made the mac and cheese minus the cheese. As he was waking up, I whispered what I made. His eyes popped open and with a huge grin he said, “Mama, you are getting a big hug from your son!” What a little guy!
Landon went to play in the park with Kyndra and Avery this morning as the sun was shining. It was good for me to see him leave us for awhile and play with his friends. Thank you Joe and Stacy!
The on call Dr. checked Lon today and said that he is recovery quite quickly for this type of stroke. Lon was feeling pretty chipper and when talking on the phone to a coworker I overheard him say that he still wants to go to Orlando to a national Assistive Technology Conference on Tuesday. I said NO!! I am having a hard time being in Irrigon next week, let alone him flying across the country for 5 days!
All was well till early afternoon when he started losing color, slight nausea and dizziness came creeping up…and he thinks he’s going to Orlando…NOT!! I am stomping my foot down on that little thought!! Lon’s color came back in the evening and he ate a good dinner.
Passing time in the hospital…
Watching movies.
Playing with hot wheels...and when he is done they get put in the "parking lot".
Watching tv.
Recently changing Internet Service Providers, I was able to go home and get the Clearwire modem and bring it here to the hospital. Yes, I know we are geeks...yes, it helps to pass the time.
And we can't forget the books and snacks!
3 comments:
Hi to the Hospital Thornburgs. I'm at work today and running short on time to come visit today. I noticed yesterday as I was leaving there were more friends/family coming to visit. Probably not short on company so I don't feel too bad leaving you alone today to get some good rest.
I vote no on Orlando - just case I get a vote, wanted to make sure I voiced my opinion. Take care. Love MJ
Looks like I might be the 'first comment'? Bob and I send our love and sunshine to Rhonda, Lon and Landon and we will be waiting anxiously for word on 'why' this is happening and 'how' to fix it! Wish we were there to 'granny/poppa nanny'. from Gt. Falls, Montana
Dr. Chittick, the Creation Scientist whom we heard speak this evening and knows the Thornburgs, sends his personal greetings to Lon and family.
Our love & prayers,
Mom K
Post a Comment