Monday, March 31, 2008

The First Game of the Season

Opening Day 2008!!

Not only did the Atlanta Braves get to meet the President of the United States, watch him throw out the opening pitch, they helped open a brand new ball park while debuting brand new road uniforms.


Home of the Washington Nationals.


12th president to throw the first pitch.


The first change in road uniforms since 1987.
Navy jerseys, navy caps.

We celebrated Opening Day by
~Wearing our Atlanta Braves sweatshirts
~Watching the game with Joe and Susan
~Having hot dogs
~Chili Dogs
~Kielbasa with sauerkraut dogs
~Chips with cheese, guacamole and salsa
~Popcorn
~Peanuts

Chipper Jones hit the first home run in the new park. Unfortunately the Nationals won 3-2.
Good game boys! Tonight may they get their first win!

GO BRAVES, GO!!!!

4 comments:

Renee' said...

I was hoping the Cowboys were playing. They would beat the Braves for sure. Let me know when that game is on, I will watch it with you.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! It looks like it was a fun time. =)

Anne said...

Ok, with a yummy spread like that I could become a baseball fan for sure. I would only need to remember to cheer for Marc's team when they played...hmmm...I think that is the Cardinal's, but I'm not sure. Do they play each other. Really...have I mentioned I don't really follow baseball.:-)

Stacy B said...

Maybe Renee and I could get together and watch the Mariners and Seahawks play the next game.