Friday, September 5, 2008

Snail Sandwiches

"Mama, when you were in Morocco, I learned how to make snail sandwiches! Do you want one? I will make it for you. When I grow up, I want to be a 'cooker'."


First you need the recipe.


Then you need the shell.


Next comes the meat. And you have to cut it to fit in the shell.

Then you add the lettuce.


...and Mama, you can use rip the soy cheese 'cause it is soft.


Then you roll it up...


The pickle is the body.

You put the shell on the snail...


...and you have a snail sandwich!


The perfect snail sandwich created by a handsome 6 year old "cooker".

A thumbs up kind of sandwich!
Keep cooking my son, I will always try what you make!
Mama

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I love the lingo..."cooker"! My William says...pretty much every night..."Mom you're the best "cooker" {small pause} and dad too" :)

Lindsay said...

Totally chuckling and grinning at Kristie's comment!

Great post!! :) and GREAT photos!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!

Anne said...

Hmmm...I'm thinking that bologne (aka-mystery meat) makes about the perfect snail sandwich especially topped with soft cheese. :-)