Monday, September 1, 2008

The Night Before...

...the first day of First Grade.

Dear Landon,
I know it has been 2 months since school has started and I am just blogging about it now.
I remember as if it were yesterday...Getting all your clothes ready for the "Big Day". Your very first day of First Grade. Your backpack. Your lunchpack. Your school supplies.
Weeks before school was to start, you had a countdown going.
(You remind me of myself with the countdown. I LOVE to have countdowns for important events!) When it was less than 2 weeks away, everyday you would ask why you had to wait till Tuesday to start school and not Monday. Why did there have to be a holiday on Monday? The day could not come fast enough for you...the day was coming way to fast for me! My baby is growing up! Too fast! When I tell you, you always respond with, "I am only growing one day at a time, Mama!" Oh the wisdom of your young mind. Sometimes I wonder why I was chosen to be so blessed by having you as my child.
My prayers for you that night included
~you would not lose your love for learning
~respect for your teacher and classmates
~be a leader
~make good choices even when those around you may not be making the best choices
~curb the chattiness
~not lose your sweet spirit
~be a friend
AND
~guidance for me as your Mama

Right before you went to sleep, you HAD to find puppy.
You told him all about the next day...that you would be gone all day...you were going to first grade...he was going to be by himself while you were at school...he had to make good choices even though you were going to be gone...and that you would miss him while you were at school.
My Precious Piece of Punkin Pie, I LOVE YOU!
We will face tomorrow when it gets here and not a minute sooner!

2 comments:

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Tears!!! Time does go by much too quickly. I love Landon's response... he is just growing one day at a time. Yes, yes, yes we must enjoy each day :)

Anne said...

Ahhhhh...Thank goodness for a new external hard drive? Right. I'm glad you're 'back' and I can't wait to catch up, since we never seem to get to anywhere else. Sweet sleeping pictures.