"Mama, when do I get to be in first grade?
How many more days till I get to go to school?
Who will be my teacher?
I get 3 recesses! Makenzie told me.
I am so excited about school!
Why is Monday another stay home day? I wish it wasn't so I could go to school instead of waiting till Tuesday..."
Oh my, I do LOVE that he is excited about school. Thankfully the Open House has helped to answer some of his never ending questions.
Landon was VERY EXCITED to see his name on the first grade list! "I really am going to be in first grade" I overheard him talking to himself!
Mr. May is my teacher and I am in room 4 instead of room 7 when I was in kindergarten.
"OH. MY. GOODNESS. My name is everywhere! On the table, on my cubby, on the homework cart, on the free time wheel, it is everywhere!!! And look, I have homework!"
I was busy myself as he was busy finding all "his spots" in his new room. Sign ups for snacks for all the parties in the year, volunteer for yearly fundraisers, email address for teacher communication, your availability to listen to kiddos read their take home books, what time works best for October conferences...oh, and there is a pad of post it notes so you can remember what and when you signed up for! I have to say that I love his organization!
My very own coat hook...yup, it is lucky number 13! All year long!
Already a favorite spot is on the steps! Look at all the things we get to learn Daddy!
Thank you Mr. May for being my son's first grade teacher.
Thank you Mr. May for welcoming my son into your classroom.
Thank you Mr. May for the excitement you show for learning.
Thank you Mr. May for your organizational skills that you are wanting to instill in the students.
Thank you Mr. May for your love of reading books.
Thank you Mr. May, in advance, for the super great year Landon will have with you!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Sherwood Elementary Open House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At the end of the year, MR M may be thanking you for such a delightful boy in his class! I just bet!
Have fun with that first day!!
Have a wonderful first day of first grade Landon! Shine Bright, Shine Well & Shine Often!! :)
Ready, Set, LEARN!
What a room! Your year is looking pretty bright. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Wow!! That is quite the system Mr. May's got going there!!
Have the BEST first grade year Landon!!
Post a Comment