Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Have You Ever Felt...

Violated?
Today, I did...
When we opened the doors to my Big Red Truck...
In the parking lot of the hotel we are staying in...
Stuff was strewn everywhere!
Whoever it was went through the middle console, the glove compartment and cd/drink center.
I wonder how they liked the tampons, lipstick, deodorant, hand cream and a few other things they had to dig through looking for money?

They did not take my brand new, still in the box, Nike running shoes.
The new outfit for a wedding.
Landon's stuffed monkey.
Music cd's.
Perler bead creations from Kyndra and Avery.

They did take some change that was in the ashtray and Landon's prescription Tylenol with codeine.


I know it is just stuff...
I still feel violated...
My truck is my personal space.
Even more personal than my home.
I share my home with guests most weekends.
People are welcome to ride with me...when I invite them into my space...NOT when they invite themselves into my space!

So, I think I will go crawl in a corner with a blankie, Landon's stuffed monkey and eat blueberries...maybe even pick at my toenails...

Edited: I wasn't the only victim in the parking lot...a GPS unit was stolen out of another rig about 6:30 this morning.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I have a pit in my stomach... I'm glad they didn't take anything important... but still... it stinks!

Kirsten said...

What a horrible feeling! I am so very sorry - a huge bummer!

Stacy B said...

I am so sad! I hate that people think they can just take what they want. Sorry! :(

Michelle said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I was growing up... we had our house broken into 3X in close proximity. It was the ICKIEST feeling ever! So thankful that you are safe.

Did you check and make sure your personal ID stuff (registration and insurance) was all still there?

Anne said...

Yck! Our freezer full of meat was hit last fall. It was only in my garage...so thankful they didn't try to get in the house. About a month earlier there was a dead cat and dead guinea pig frozen in the freezer...(wrapped of course...because they died when it was 110 degrees outside and I was too lazy to did a hole in the hot sun) I was bummed they had already had a good burial...I would have like to see the druggie thieves when they unwrapped dead pets. About as good as a tampon I think. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, once in Seattle on vacation... our car. It's the worst feeling. I'm sorry you had to experience it.