Wednesday, in Seaside, at noon it was 59 degrees. Yes, it was a high of 64 that day.
We decided to go to the Seaside Aquarium. Mind you, it is a small aquarium, none the less, it was fun. Landon wanted me to take several pictures...and I indulged him. :)
Then came the touching pool...
"Hey Landon, do you want to touch a starfish? Go ahead. Just touch it. It won't hurt you."
"I will try..."
"No Mama, I don't want to."
"If Avery was here, I bet she would touch it!"
After much consideration he replied, "But she would probably go 'eewww' after she touched it" while putting his hands to his face.
"Oh just do it! I am not going to stand here for another 10 minutes to see if you want to touch it or not. We have already been here 12 minutes at this pool. You really want to, so just do it!"
"Ok Mama, I will."
"I DID IT Mama! It just feels like a rock! I touched it!"
"I think I want to touch the green thing. What is it called again?"
"An anemone."
"It just feels a little sticky and slimy."
My name is Landon. I am from Meacham. This place is COOL!
The creative juices went into action with full force! With 6 plates to make 6 different crayon rubbing pictures, more time was spent here than looking at all the animals and the touching pool put together!
The seals were so funny! Using their flippers to ask for food brought lots of squeals and peals of laughter! Somehow, I was the one who got splashed the most. Landon was not about the touch the fish to feed the seals! He enjoyed watching the others throw the food to them!
Yes, there was a stop in the gift shop...they had rocks...together these 2 guys had fun helping each other find the "perfect" rocks...and I thought the 30 + minutes at the crayon station took a long time...the day was about Landon, not me...so I just took pictures and chatted with this little guys' dad.
Thanks for the great day Landon! Can't wait to go to the beach with you again!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Seaside Aquarium
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love how you've been doing these posts - through the eyes of Landon :)
Life at the beach - it just doesn't get much better does it?!
Sounds and looks perfectly great!
gotta love the Seaside Aquarium! Me and my camera were quite wet after one of the seals got very annoyed that my boys were not throwing him any fish...another post soon to come!:)
Cool pictures and looks like a fun time!! Enjoyed all of your beach "stories"!
I love the way you put aside your time for Landon days. Looks like it was a great day!
Shelly
Post a Comment