Friday, August 22, 2008

Bobbie

Reasons I like the Farm City Pro Rodeo


~It is up close and personal
~It is local
~Stock is from Calgary, Alberta
~Connect with friends and aquaintances
~Rodeo food
~Entertainment by the rodeo clown
~It is held at our County Fair
~It is in the evening
~It is before school starts


My very favorite reason this year was my friend Bobbie Jo Lynn Sue.

Bobbie has spent the last several summers working very hard in the rodeo circuit...running barrels, pole bending, daubing steers, goat tying etc. Every year I ask her when will we get to watch her as a participant in the Farm City Rodeo. This was her year!
As a 12 year old lady, she was asked to take part in the opening ceremony and "work" the rodeo.
Along with Skip, they carried the blue Desert River Inn flag every evening.
We were so very proud of her!!!
Sorry the pictures are not good quality...but I had to show our Bobbie!


A very proud Dad checking for last minute details to be taken care of for his Bobbie.


Dodge welcomes everyone to the rodeo!


Bobbie and Skip with the blue flag.


They learned 4 different patterns as they ran the flag around the arena.


So very proud of you Bobbie!!! Go girl!!!


Each time she brought the winning cowboy around the arena, we screamed for her!!!
People around us thought we were crazy for the cowboy...finally we had to tell them it was for our Bobbie!
I have not had a sore throat from screaming for....ummmm...years! Bobbie was the best reason!


What is a rodeo without a clown? He was excellent!


Last but not least, I have to show you the beautiful stock from Calgary, Alberta.

David and Sue Ellen, THANK YOU for sharing Bobbie!!!
We love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!! I love the last one - the sky looks so cool with the 2 giant lights!

Kristie said...

Yep sure can't beat the FCPR!!

Stacey said...

The Rodeo looks like fun! I'm not sure I've ever been to one...

Thanks for sharing!