Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Solstice

Today is the shortest day of the year!
To celebrate Winter Solstice, we went out to enjoy the beauty that winter brings.


Sunshine


Clear blue skies


Sparkling, gurgling creek

Pristine snow


Even I got out and skied!

Then came Landon's favorite...
Tree branch whacking!





8 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

how fun, it is too cold to even go outside today! it is negative 7 right now...

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great. What a gorgeous mountain retreat!

Stacey said...

Tree Whacking looks fun!! And you really did catch some beauty of winter with your pictures!!

As Beth said it really is cold here but I saw a Sun Dog on the way to work! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are magnificent! Love the Blue sky!

Anne said...

I am amazed at how blue the skies were. It looks tempting for even me to go outside...and I'm a sit by the fire gal. :-) I haven't ever tried cross country skiing...but I think it looks safer than the downhill variety. Someday...

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS photos ... you always make the most of it ... even when you aren't feeling 100%!

Love you friend & love what you do with your camera!

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I was there.

Uncle Dan.