As we were driving up the mountain, listening to music, Landon made a statement.
"I wish I had a brother.""Why?" I asked.
"Because I would have someone to play with all the time."
(I knew this day would come, just didn't know when.)
"Well", I said, "Mama was very, very sick when you were in my tummy. Then when you were ready to come out, I almost died and you did too. So Daddy and I decided that we wanted to enjoy being with you a very long time. Watch you grow up. Laugh with you. Cry with you. And Mama is not going to have another baby. Now that doesn't mean that you can't wish for a brother. You can wish all you want, but I'm not going to get pregnant again. Besides, Kyndra and Avery are your 'sisters'."

After much thought, he said, "Okay Mama."
Have I ever told you how much I love that boy???
"Well", I said, "Mama was very, very sick when you were in my tummy. Then when you were ready to come out, I almost died and you did too. So Daddy and I decided that we wanted to enjoy being with you a very long time. Watch you grow up. Laugh with you. Cry with you. And Mama is not going to have another baby. Now that doesn't mean that you can't wish for a brother. You can wish all you want, but I'm not going to get pregnant again. Besides, Kyndra and Avery are your 'sisters'."

After much thought, he said, "Okay Mama."
Have I ever told you how much I love that boy???
No comments:
Post a Comment