I caught my first glimpse of you about 4:23 am. I decided that it was too early for us to meet...so I went back to sleep and met you head on at 8:06. Much better. The scale was very kind and I am one pound lighter. Stacy has never seen me this small before. My Punkin boy asked if he could make me breakfast. Cold cereal with toast on the side was served on Lightning McQueen plates at the pencil table where we sat on pillows to enjoy the sumptuous food. Sometimes, well most of the time, I am blown away by the sweetness that seeps from his every pore. Like this morning during breakfast. He had asked what number I would like my toast cooked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. I chose 3. He gave me the special piece of toast, because it was not burned. "Mama, I took the burnt one. I was just trying to think of others." (It was a spot that actually got toasted). What 6 year old thinks about toast, how it is made and then takes the one that is least desired? Who is this child? Oh yea, he is mine and I LOVE him! We practiced violin after breakfast. It was the first time he put the grace notes in part b of Swallowtail Jig! Woo Hoo!!! A good violin day. Lon and Landon are off to downhill ski this afternoon. Landon has his 3rd and final lesson today. As he was giving me a hug goodbye, he said, "Mama, we are going to be gone all day. But don't worry. It is just like I would be gone to school today, except I get to ski. Do you want to go?" "No." "I thought you'd say that" he said with a smile. In my quiet time here at the apartment, I have completed 5 loads of laundry, ironed 20 pillowcases, folded 6 sets of sheets, restocked the towels in the Working Girls Hotel, did 50 pushups, gave Sue Ellen and Mama Gigi a hug as they drove on Main Street, ate a wonderful serving of whole wheat pasta and sauce, chatted with Lindsay on goggle talk which is always good for the soul, sewed more of the quilt binding for Landon, prayed for my friends in Cambodia, and called my brother for his birthday. There are many more things on my to-do list...I wonder how many will get done? Thank you Saturday. It has been a good day so far.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Hello Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment