"We are going outside to find our inner peace" the 3 little musketeers said as they were heading out the door at 6:13 pm in 29 degree weather with a flashlight in their hands.
"What, are you doing?"
"Finding our inner peace."
"Landon, come to Mama."
In a very quiet voice I asked him again, "What are you going to do outside?"
"Find inner peace. You know, like oommmmmmm."
"Punkin, you know you can go outside. You know when Mama asks you a question, you need to tell me the truth. Now, what are you going to do outside?" I asked again with my eyes wide open, eyebrows at my hairline and trying not to blink or laugh out loud.
"Mama, I am telling you the truth! We are going to find our inner peace."
"Oooo-kay."
All this time Stacy is trying not to giggle outloud. But Avery has to wear a coat if she was going out too.
As we were leaving, I asked Stacy "What am I to do? Embrace it. We shared a giggle. Oh my.
On the way home, I questioned Landon again about what they were doing outside.
"Finding our inner peace."
"Why did you need to find peace?" I finally asked.
"Well because there was fighting and arguing going on. Avery said she kicked the ball 3 or 4 times. Kyndra said she kicked it 5 times. They kept fighting about it. I said 'Cut it out' and we needed to settle the wildness. So I said that we need to find our inner peace. Have you ever gone outside to find your inner peace?
"No. Well, not like that! Where did you learn to find your inner peace?"
"Just like in Kung Fu Panda and Snow Buddies."
Yes, they did sit crisscross applesauce, touching thumb to finger and said uuuummmmmmmm.
A few minutes later they came back in, refreshed and calm.
How can you argue with that? These kids are 6 and 4 years old...playing, fighting and problem solving. Out of the mouth of babes....
How I love those 3 little kids!!!!! They are growing up way too fast!
PS-I should know by now that Landon has a purpose for everything he does. He still takes me by surprise...quite often. Lindsay says he always will. Somehow I believe her.
No comments:
Post a Comment