Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Top 'O the morning to you son!
It started out with a yummy pancake. The only green coloring I had was a bit of leftover writing icing. It made a great shamrock that was enjoyed with big smiles and lots of "I love you, Mama".



Lon and Joe had a class out of town, so Stacy and I packed up the kids and took them on an adventure to Heppner. Having never been there for St. Patrick's Day Celebrations, we did not quite know what to expect.

It was a perfect day of 73 degrees to be outside enjoying the sunshine!

We added to the enjoyment with corndogs, curly fries, candy, popcorn and a jet tea for the road that lead to home!

Waiting for the parade down Main Street.

Avery enjoyed sharing the beautiful day with her tummy!

There was not one but two parades! The kids wanted me to take a picture of every "Doc Hudson", "Flo" and "Lizzie" that came through.

The second parade was the "candy" parade. Funny thing, we saw Mr. Lindsay 3 times in the same parade!

The kids liked seeing the "lepraprauns" that were walking up and down the streets and in the parade. They decided that if they covered his eyes, he could not see who they were and I could get a picture!

Finally, we found the duck race where they each got to hold one before their journey down the creek.

Swim, Duckie, Swim!!

Summary of our day:

  • The kids did really well all day.
  • We LOVED the sunshine!
  • 2007 Sunscreen Season opened today.
  • Had our greasy, fried food for the month...it was yummy.
  • Heppner...interesting.
  • Saw Mulligan Stew perform!
  • Friendly people.
  • If you drank something other than water, you would enjoy it more.
  • Kids enjoyed playing in the park just as much as anything.
  • Glad to spend the Saturday with the kids.
  • Everyone but Stacy slept on the way home.
  • Our great day continued with Lon, Renee and Melisa when they met us for drinks at GP, then over to the Chinese Restaurant for dinner. We missed you, Joe.
  • Landon went to spend the night at the Buglione's while we went to a movie.
  • Today's event was one of those, "You have to do it at least once in your life" events.
  • We did...it was a good day.

4 comments:

Stacy B said...

Landon just woke up to go to the bathroom so I thought I would come see your pictures. You got some great ones. It was a fun day, a little slow for all us sober folks, but today was all about the company and sunshine!

sueellieslife said...

Looks like you had a wonderful outing, tons o' fun!!!

Lindsay said...

Love the pictures... what fun!!
I'm totally impressed with your breakfast too... want to come cook for me?? :)

Montana Mom and Dad said...

Wish I could have been there!