DISNEY'S CARS
Ever since Lon and Landon went to the theatre last summer and saw the movie, “Cars”, Landon has been awestruck. He loves anything that has to do with Lightening McQueen and TowMater.
We have a youth group that comes up to Meacham every year in November. They have their classes, I feed them, and they play games and watch movies. This year they brought “Cars”. Don asked if it would be ok with us if they watched it. When I asked Landon if he would like to see the movie again, his eyes lit up and asked, “Where would I see it?” (We had not told him that it was out on video). With his mouth hanging open he ran to Don to see if this was all true! Running through the hotel, he gave the countdown form 27 minutes, 23 minutes, 17, 15, 12 etc. When the final minute came, he was all set to watch with chair, pillow, blanket and a place for Don right beside him. At this point Don really didn’t care if he saw the movie or not, just watching Landon’s reaction was good enough for him!
The next day when they were leaving, Don asked if he could give the movie to Landon. The reason Landon did not have it yet was because Lon wanted to give it to him for Christmas and I said that he needed to wait till Landon’s birthday as that is the theme. I told Don that if he wanted to give it to Landon, he needed to see his face when the gifting happened…
“I just can hardly believe it, Mama!”
Thank you Don!
Edited 3/25/07 Landon received a package in the mail after his tooth surgery...it was CARS jammies from Don and Mary! Thank you!!!
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Written Jan 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your retreat center brings wonderful people into your lives from all over the country. You are lucky! My favorite thing is how Landon and the kids say Lightning McQueen - Lightning The Queen.
Post a Comment