Cream together
3/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar (Or any combination of the 2 sugars as long as it measures out to 1 and 1/3 cup)
Add, mixing well
1 egg (Powder Egg Replacer works excellent)
Beat in
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas (If you have 3 ripe bananas, please, don't leave one all lonely on the counter!) (Feel free to mash them ahead of time if you don't mind extra dirty dishes, otherwise I just use the mixer to do the work for me.)
Mix in
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sift, then add and mix well
2 cups flour
Stir in
2 - 3 cups of chocolate chips depending on how much you have on hand (If you have a sturdy hand mixer, it works well to stir in the chocolate chips) (You can also use a combination of butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips or whatever else you have on hand)
Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
DO NOT OVERBAKE!
Let cool.
Enjoy!
If you like to "live on the edge" here is a yummy frosting that pairs quite delightful with these bars.
For Frosting, Cream together
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 shortening (if you don't want to mess with the shortening, use 1/2 cup butter)
1/4 peanut butter
4 cups confectioners sugar
Beat in till smooth
1/4 milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
Lick beaters!
Frost bars...or not! Let others make the choice to have the frosting or not. Whatever floats your boat and allows you to sit down with a nice beverage, a full plate of blondies while listening to your favorite music! Yum!
Remember...this is just a guideline.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Banana Blondies Recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I CAN NOT wait to try this!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Happ night to you!
Yummmm... I need to go buy some banana's!!!!
sounds yummy...now if I can only find someone to bake them for me!:)
Thanks for the recipe. It sounds soooo good. I have ripe bananas on the counter now.
yummy! i think i might just try to find the oven and see if i can make these. i even have bananers on the counter waiting for something that sounds this good! maybe bobbie would help me!!
Way yummy, thanks for sharing
I'm going to make these!! Not right this second, but soon, very, very soon!! :)
Ok, I made these...but...I cooked them in my standard cake pan...which I believe is a 9x13...and it REALLY filled it up...then took a lot longer to cook and they were still gooey, which is fine in my book...raw is good. Do you cook yours in a jelly roll pan? I think it looks like yours were a lot thinner. The taste was wonderful..but wasn't sure if I did something wrong. :-)
Post a Comment