Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So thankful for Pediatric Dentists

"Look what happened to my tooth Mama. It hurts my tongue when I do this. It hurts my lip too" Landon said with big, sad and worried eyes as we were walking out to the car. My heart skipped a little beat as I tried to not look alarmed! Of course something would happen when Lon is out of town! We were on the way to group violin lessons and I did not have a phone number! Tooth Drama...we are doing much better with it!

A call to the dentist.
A phone number to the new office in Hermiston.
An appointment the next day.
16 fretful hours.
Lots of reassurance that we were going to be brave no matter what the dentist was going to have to do.
A very quiet ride to the dentist.


Finally, a look from the dentist..."A very easy fix. I am glad it is just the window of the crown that fell off. I can have that fixed in 3 minutes! We don't have to numb you or anything!"


Thank you Dr. Hamilton and your wonderful staff!!!

PS. When I called his sitter saying I got him in to the dentist and wouldn't be there first thing in the morning, she didn't know anything about his tooth. I asked Landon why he didn't tell Heather. He replied, "I didn't tell Heather because I knew when I told you, you would take care of it, Mama." Matter of fact, yes, I would and did.

Another melting moment in my heart. I love that boy!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

kids and medical/dental drama...when does that end? Sometimes I feel like I should have gotten a dental/medical/accounting degree...two for raising my children and one to do my job...

Kristie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

I love that this experience was such a GREAT one!! and I'm glad you came for a visit afterward.


Love you Landon & those teeth!

Melisa Jo said...

One Brave Boy!

Michelle said...

I have been hearing good stuff about our local office. Good news!!!

Anne said...

Yikes...he is so much braver in that dental chair than I am...I have been known to cry before I even open up my mouth.