Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dressing for P.U.T.

Once a year, the Pendleton Underground Tours Comes to Life! It is their one big fundraiser for the Non-Profit Organization. This year, Landon gets to be an actor! Oh the fun of going underground to the dressing room and picking out your costume! Landon's eyes were big! He would chime in with his opinion as we would try on different clothes, jewelry, aprons, etc.
Finally, it was his turn!

We talked about several different options decided that he would use his shirt, his shoes and I would make a pair of knickers...he got really quiet...he wanted to wear some of Pam's clothes...he wanted to try them on in the dressing room, come out and have us ooh and aah. Priceless!

When we got home, Landon had another 'GREAT IDEA!' "Mama, I need skin paper please. 2 of them. Now I need a piece of brown paper. And Mama, you can't look. You have to stay here until I am done. Don't even come out!"

With eyes closed, being led by a little boys hand in mine, this was my surprise. He drew and cut out a likeness of himself! I just shook my head, laughed so hard and found the camera!

May 17 is going to be a blast!
No other sneak peeks till then!

9 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL...what a creative little mind this little man has....LOVE IT!!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

I have always wanted to go to the live reinactment and just haven't made it happen. Landon is my inspiration to finally go!!!

I love the paper Landon.

Lindsay said...

Seriously!!

Where does he get this stuff?!

The creative juices just flow & flow & flow from this child...

You are blessed!!

Melisa Jo said...

This man (in a little boy's body) has a mind that just doesn't quit! Love it! Have fun.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I am laughing and laughing and then still chuckling!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

I have always wanted to go see the underground tours. I never have!!!

Michelle said...

I love the underground tours when they are alive!!!! Looks like this would be a good year to go again... I think it has been nearly 10 years since we have gone.

Stacy B said...

I'm sad I can't be a lady of the evening with you guys this year. What a great experience for Landon....and his mini-me.

Love you guys! I'll be thinking about you this weekend as you come to life!

Becky said...

Oh I have always wanted to volunteer for that! I'm with Landon, I think it would be fun to dress us and be an actor. =)