Thursday, November 15, 2007

Moments that make me melt.

Monday evening Landon started not feeling well...

While practicing his violin, in the middle of a song, he threw up on his foot and the carpet. His first words were, "At least I didn't get any on the violin!" as it was still in playing position. I ran to get a washrag telling him not to move. After I cleaned up his foot, he knelt down, took the washrag and said that he would clean up the carpet. A moment that made me melt.

About an hour later he asked, "Mama, what is your favorite color?" "Red." "No, what is your favorite color?" Not knowing what he is doing, why he is asking again for my favorite color and I am trying to figure out what the correct answer was to be, I replied, "Purple!" "Okay. What cereal do you want for breakfast? I am going to make you breakfast in the morning. I will get up really early. You have to stay in bed until I wake you up, Mama." I was still pretty sick, he had just thrown up and he was wanting to make me breakfast. Another moment that made me melt.



Everything was set out for the morning. The purple 'eat pad' as Landon calls them matching the purple bowl. Breakfast just tastes better out of your favorite bowl!

The next morning, I woke up, showered, dressed and let him sleep till after nine. The first words were, "Mama, I was supposed to wake up first. You have to get back in bed, go to sleep and I will wake you up. Now go."

I did and 2 minutes later, I hear a little voice saying, "Wake up Mama. It is time to get up. Open your eyes. I made breakfast for you." as he gently rocks my shoulder. Melting moment.

Since we were staying home that day, we did 'school' while enjoying our color coordinated breakfast. Flashcards with sight words on them.


Later that morning, I was rinsing, gaging, choking and sputtering, Landon came running to the bathroom, put his hand on my back asking if I was ok. "Mama, I heard you choking and I came running to see if you were ok. Is this helping for me to pat your back?" "Yes son, it is."
I melted all over again.

One of my hopes for him is that his caring, nurturing and sensitivity does not diminish as he grows older. I love you Landon!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE your comment greeting :)

Ok... you my friend have helped nuture the sweetest, most genuine little boy I know!!

May you always recognize those "moments" for what they are... I KNOW you will!! :)

Lindsay said...

GREAT job on the flashcards too!!

Melisa Jo said...

You know that I read all of these posts in amazement. He is the most caring little boy!!! Just looking at his dimples warms my heart.

Stacy B said...

I love how he is always looking for ways to take care of others. He is always helping the girls, too, with "big brother" things. You and Lon are doing an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

What sweet sweet little boy and I am sure he follows his mama's example!
You have a wonderful day!
Oh and I love your little Christmas thing in the corner!

Becky said...

How sweet!