Thursday, November 29, 2007

Putting up the trees

Excitement runs high in the Thornburg household when it is time to get the trees decorated. This year, the boys did the family tree. Landon would call periodically asking if I would take some pictures. Way to go my son!

Landon is getting old enough that we felt it was OK to get out the train set. We have been collecting pieces and setting it out every year till we had Landon. Knowing it would be too much of a temptation for him as a little guy and not understanding why he couldn't play with it, we were way OK knowing it would only be for a few years and we could be able to enjoy it again!
The family tree is in the lobby while my tree is in the dining room.


Since Landon's first Christmas, we purchased a 3 foot tree just for him. He can decorate and undecorate it as many times as he wants. I do not have to wear myself out always saying "NO, don't touch that". It has worked out very nicely. Keeping the joy of the season is what we strive for! Somehow I missed a picture of his little tree.

All the other decorations will have to wait for another day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that nothing has changed in your dining room... the walls and carpet are still the same as the last time I stood in there! :-) Bless you this Christmas!

Michelle said...

I think the room I am referring to is the "lobby" not the dining room. :-)

Brenda said...

Beautiful trees!

Lindsay said...

So glad that you married a "decorator!!"

and it looks like his son is following in his footsteps!!

Happy Holidays to you!!