Yes, that is what I had on Tuesday. I had one too many strep throat episodes, a constant varying degrees of a sore throat, swelling and hurting my ears for the past 20 years. Tuesday was the day.
Last April, I had unexpected sinus surgery. I figured if I could go through that surgery, this would be a breeze...NOT!!! I think this is worse. I thought I would get all kinds of past posts caught up while laying here on the couch. Thanks to pain meds, throat sprays and a nausea patch, I am not doing very much. Sleeping, IMing and having a challenge typing. Pain meds, gotta love 'em. With a new pair of jammies, earrings, humidifier and a hot water bottle, I am on the way to recovery...slowly but surely.
My boys are taking excellent care of me. So attentive! So thankful for them!
Landon spent 2 nights with Kyndra and Avery. When he saw me for the first time, he climbed up in my lap, snuggled down and just held me in his own special way. Several minutes later he asked if I cried when the tonsils came out. I shook my head no and that I was sleeping. Still rubbing and patting my arm, he asked if I cried like a little kid when I woke up or did I cry like a baby. When I didn't respond immediately, he told me that it was ok if I cried.
It takes all the courage I can muster up to take a drink, swallow the meds and not get dehydrated. I have a notepad that I have been "talking" on. Stacy mentioned that it would be funny to post what I have been writing down and have everyone try to guess what I was talking about, since it is a one way conversation on paper! So thankful for Stacy keeping Landon, getting me a book to read, Lon also, Lindsay for checking in, Beth answering questions from her tonsillectomy 2 years ago, emails, text messages and Instant Messaging! Here's to a quick recovery and no more sore throats!
I am looking at this as a way to kick start a weight loss program! I think I lost half a pound of tissue by the looks of the huge holes in the back of my throat! I had Lon look yesterday. His reaction was great! He shuddered and almost got sick! Sorry I do not have a pictures for you. The Dr. gave me before and after pictures of the sinus surgery. Landon was fascinated then. He will not look at my throat this time around. Oh well, I still love him!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tonsillectomy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I forgot all about having to write everything for a while. I will have to find my notebook with all that in there.....
I honestly don't think I have had a cold or a sore throat in the two years since mine came out!
I just remembered that I did not even want my Dr Pepper cold, just room temp was all I could handle. Narcotics were nice too, I slept ALOT!
Tonight I have a burning sore throat... so this post is only making it hurt more. :-( hope you are on your feet really soon.
Hugs to you my friend! Listen to your Dr and your boys. You have to stay hydrated. Hope to see your smiling face out and about very soon!
Oh Ronda, I have tears in my eyes for you right now. You look 100% better than I expected you to look (although I'm going to have nightmares for awhile of the holes in your throat). I know in the long run this will be worth it. Hang in there, IM us when yo uneed anything, anything at all, and don't take it too fast. I'm sorry you had to endure 20 years of pain for this one grande finale! Love you!
Love you! Love you! Love you!!
Praying that you are able to rest peacefully and with comfort!
Wishing that I could take the pain away... but know that the pain is just temporary... it will be over soon!
We are praying for you Ronda. Never been through that surgery, but can relate to strep throat! Ouch. Hope you are feeling better soon. By the way, we love your blog. I really do need to talk to you to get some ideas!
Ouch. I had mine out when I was 21 and I STILL remember the pain. The recovery was WAY worse than child birth...and there wasn't a cute baby as a result. I have be soooooooo much healthier since then, so totally worth it. Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment