They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
Here is our pictorial record...
It all started Friday after school...
IKEA watch out!
5 hours of shopping at IKEA...
All was good until we ran into a friend from work...
She did not have good news...
I-84 closed...
Go on the Washington side of the river...
We did for 2 hours all the way to Stevenson, less than 40 miles away...
Where we were stranded...
Found a motel...
Went to the store...
We hunkered down...
Baby Mack had a rough night...
Kept Lindsay up most for most of it...
Keeping a watch out on the weather...
We woke up to this...
So thankful for wireless internet, instant Messaging and cell phones...
2 hours of watching others get stuck in the parking lot...
3 girls and a baby were going to make "a go of it"...
Loaded up in the Golden Truck...
Backed up and drove away...
While everyone watched with shovels in hand and mouths hanging open...
This was the drive home...
Stacy was an AWESOME driver!!!
Lindsay documented the whole trip!!!
Becky missed out on this part of the adventure!!!
I was along for the ride!
We are home!
We are safe!
We are tired!
We are snug with our families!
We had an adventure!
We created memories!
We deepened our friendship!
I love you Stacy and Lindsay!
Good times, good times and good night to all!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
The weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
wow! what a weekend! Sounds scary, fun, and exhausting!
Glad yall made it home okay!!!
So glad to be home and so glad you are all home safely too! Thanks for giving us the updates as we trailed behind you by 100 miles or so!
so glad that you are home safely!
Have fun in this BEAUTIFUL snow!
Memories made!! I will treasure this weekend forever- thank you for the adventure... and introduction to Claim Jumper!!:)
love you friend!
What a gift FRIENDSHIP is..... you young women are truly Blessed!
So glad the memories you documented are in each of your hearts forever!
You were NOT just along for the ride. You navigated us through Portland in the rain, were the design expert, and hefted a good portion of those boxes into the truck. I feel so lucky to have friends like you.
I'm so glad you are all home safe and sound. I might have missed out on the last part of the trip, but I sure enjoyed the middle part of the trip! It was so fun to get to know you and Stacey a bit better. What a wonderful time, thanks for having me! =)
So glad you made it home. Your IKEA purchases will hold fond memories of friends and triumph.
You came to Portland and didn't tell me? I'm going to have to stalk IKEA until I see you again. Heather
Post a Comment