Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blooming!

A dear friend, Grandma Rachel, gave me some shoots of her lilacs.
In 13 years, this is the 3rd time they have bloomed!
Of course I have to document that they actually bloom!!!


Seeing these bloom is extra special to me...
I view it as Grandma Rachel smiling down from up above!
Photos taken June 15, 2008

11 comments:

Melisa Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melisa Jo said...

They are beautiful. Aren't you glad for cameras for moments like these.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous. Great photos too :)

Anonymous said...

Wow how pretty!

Becky said...

Wonderful! Lilacs are one of my FAVORITE flowers, they remind me of my childhood. We had them lining our yard to block out the street. I remember taking them to church on Easter, and brining them in to my mom. LOVE THIS.

Kristie said...

lilacs are one of my favs! What a treat to have them bloom this year...a bright spot in our somewhat sour of a spring and summer so far...

Von Rudens said...

Needs to come soon!...wait.. I think this is the weekend for it...

Stacey said...

cool pics! And a neat way to remember Grandma Rachel!

Stacy B said...

So happy the deer haven't taken a bite of those beautiful flowers. Enjoy them!

Michelle said...

hey... I have tagged you... better come check it out!

Brenda said...

Beautiful!!! I am jealous- my lilacs have froze the last two years....