Ever since Landon was a baby, he has tendencies to cough easily which leads to choking and more times than not, throwing up...snoring has gotten considerably worse...just a part of who Landon is.
One day, a doctor looked in his mouth and recommended his tonsils come out. What?
His tonsils? The appointment was made. Anxiety was a little high, for Landon was remembering just last November the trauma I went through with my tonsillectomy. Not such a pretty sight for someone my age!
Lindsay called as we are waiting for Dr. Neal. Can you see the excitement that is NOT on his face? He couldn't even hold the phone he was so sad.
Sitting in the big blue chair brings out the smiles!
"Let's have a look in your ear. It seems he has not had any ear infections. Your ears look very healthy!" (He had one when he was a few months old).
Now, let's look at your throat.
Oh my!
(There is a picture of his tonsils at the end of this post. If you do not want to see them, please stop reading now.)
See how they are flat in the middle?
That is from touching each other.
Does he snore?
Yes!
Does he stop breathing at night?
I don't know.
Lon, do you still have your tonsils?
Nope. Had them out when I was his age.
Ronda, what do you think about taking Landon's out?
Take them out now...don't wait till he's 37!
Well, let's put him on an antibiotic for a month to see if they shrink. Let's reevaluate and go from there.
We are in 'still taking medicine' phase of this journey.
This is what he saw.....
Yes, that is my finger while I was taking the picture! It was tricky getting this shot! Only one turned out from several tries.
Have I ever told you that Landon is a good sport when it comes to me taking pictures?
Friday, June 6, 2008
Tonsils
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Not exactly too sure what I am looking at... but I say take them! I still have mine and they have caused me much greif over the years. It has to be less traumatic when you are his age to have them out. He will forget the pain and misery in a week. Tops!
Dang those ARE close together!!!
I think it will greatly benefit him to have them out. I hope it works out and the Doc agrees!
Take 'em out now! It is soooo much easier on them at his age then older- as you know ; ) My oldest was twelve and had a hard time- my middle son was 5 and it was a breeze- he even wanted to eat chips and hot sauce 2 days later- he didn't get them btw ;)
I had mine out at 21...I'm with mom...get them out now. The funny thing is, my tonsils were always inflamed...but my girls were fine. HOWEVER-all my girls had terrible ear infections. I don't know which is worse, because I never had an ear infection. Probably both are bad. Good luck Landon...you'll do great!
Post a Comment