Life has a way of happening so fast that sometimes we have a hard time keeping dates and times straight. Yes, too many things all at the same time. Friday night was out first retreat in Meacham that was booked last fall...Friday night was also the "Hail and Farewell" party that Lon was asked to make a powerpoint for and then show in Pendleton...at the same time, Lon had to be in LaGrande for his admin class he is taking. Hmmmm, what to do.
I did not think that Friday was ever going to end but it eventually did, one minute at a time...not any faster, not any slower.
This is how it all worked out...after work I raced home to the big house to get dinner for the ladies, Stacy set up for the PPT while I was coming down the mountain, (Thank you over and again Stacy!!), Lon went to his class that the professor said he could not miss and Landon was the "Man of the Hour". He stayed and took care of the ladies until we were able to get home. Mind you, when we realized what Friday night was going to look like, I had called one of the gals to see if this was going to be ok. They were thrilled! So much, that when I left, there was a treasure hunt for Landon which included a series of Mickey Mouse books from a previous generation. He LOVES them!
When I was getting changed, Landon came up to my room and asked why I had a different shirt on. When I told him that I had to go, he turned his hands upright and said running out of the room, "Oh that's right. I am in charge now! I must tell the ladies!"
Thanks Landon for being such a big boy! You were Mama's helper in getting dinner ready and getting me out the door so I wouldn't be late! You were the best "Man of the hour" I know for a 5 year old! I love you Punkin Pie!
Friday, April 27, 2007
Man of the hour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are not joking about the never-ending Friday! Love that your little man is such a great helper!!
Oh my heck.....every day he takes me to a new level of "wow". The five year old that is so grown up, yet has the equal balance needed to still enjoy his childhood!
Post a Comment