Sunday, September 9, 2007

BooHoo/Yahoo Breakfast

My life began a new chapter the moment Landon walked through that door into Rm 7.
I was ushered in the room next door to a first time ever BooHoo/Yahoo Breakfast. This was for parents of kinders who were weepy, me, to see their little one off to school or for the parents who were excited to get a couple of hours without their little one.
Starbucks coffee, juice, donuts, grapes, apples, chocolate and lots of tissues were provided.
Mrs. Monkman, Mr. Copeland, from District Office and Mr. Archer

This was a time for Sherwood staff to introduce themselves to us, tell us what their mission is for our kids, what they expect from us as parents, answer any questions, put faces with names, had us introduce ourselves and the name of our child, explain the testing they do, letters that will be coming home, etc, etc and welcome us to their school.

What a great way to start my career as a Sherwood Elementary parent!

Thanks Sherwood!


4 comments:

Lindsay said...

totally impressed... thinking Rocky Heights needs to do something like that!

Stacy B said...

I wish every school would do it. We need to start the rumor!

Renee' said...

What I want to know is, "Did they have margaritas and chips?"

Michelle said...

I am totally being reading your blog! Looks like Landon is in GREAT hands.

We just talked about this idea on the first day of school at Desert View... obviously it was too late. I agree with Lindsay... I think we need to do that next year!