Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tomorrow is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life

One last picture of my sweet, innocent, baby boy the night before you go to school.

Tomorrow is your first day of school...
"Landongarten", as your best buddy, Kyndra, will be going to "Kyndragarten".
For 5 years, I have thought that you would be going to school with Kyndra and Mrs. Stewart would be your teacher. That scenerio has not worked out and that is ok...just a shift in Mama's thinking.



As you lay there sleeping, these are some thoughts that are keeping me from sleeping...

~Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.

~Will you come home tomorrow and still be my little boy?

~Have I done all that I could to prepare you for this day?

~Will you listen to your teacher the 1st time she asks you to do something?

~Will you be a leader or a follower in your class?

~How will you respond when the other kids ask about your teeth?

~Will you remember to go to the bathroom before it is too late?

~Will you be bullied out on the playground?

~Will you lose your sensitive spirit that I cherish so much?

~When will you be too big to not give me a hug in public?

~Will you include everyone when playing?

~Will you be a good example to your classmates?

~Where has the time gone?

~Homework...will it be a struggle to do at home?

~Will you look forward to seeing Mama at the end of the day?

~Will you tell me all about your day?

~I won't be there to kiss your "owies".

~How much negotiating will you be doing with Mrs. Smith?

~Will I cry tomorrow as I take you to school?

...and so many more

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a list of questions/thoughts/worries!!
Your sweet Landon is going to be a star!
He is going to be the kid that makes school a fun place to be!
The fun has just begun - enjoy every minute of it!!

Melisa Jo said...

As you know, these are things that I have not worried about, but if I was a mother....I too would have the same worries. This post made me misty eyed...I'm living my motherhood vicariously through all of you.