Thursday, July 3, 2008

Africa, here I come...slipping that is!


The vendor stand that prepared our fabulous food!



Yes, there was meat hanging in the "dining" area!

My first squatty potty

and flushing system!

So, I need to use the facilities...I do just fine.

As I near the table, I step on a cantaloupe skin that I did NOT see and down I went!
Sent a chair flying and everything! Ummm, yea, just call me Grace!

Africa...slipping right on in!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in the world have I been? I had no idea you were off in a foriegn country!!! How exciting!!!
I hope you are having a blast!!!

Kristie said...

okay first how exciting and terrifying that you are in Africa right now!!!

and the squatty potty...gross!!:) meat in the dining area...gross!!:)

even with the slipping I can tell you are having the time of your life!! Thanks for sharing it with those of us who are too chicken to make it past Canada!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is welcome to culture shock! Hope it gets better for you.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

thanks for the visual! Jedd was fascinated!

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness... the bathroom... wow... I'm speechless!

Renee' said...

Okay, I am not going to Africa, cross that one off my list. I am not using a squatty potty as I am sure I would not look real cute sitting on the floor on it because I fell over and would look worse trying to get up. And I want my dead meat out of sight, not hanging over my head reminding me what it looked like before it was dismantled. I am checking into the Bahamas.

Melisa Jo said...

Hooray, news from across foreign lands. Glad you are having a wonderful time. Please be careful. I don't think you should have to spend another summer in a cast. We miss you and can hardly wait for you to come home, safely and in one piece I might add.

Michelle said...

I am having flashbacks to Thailand with the squatty potty. Soak it all in!