I have never been one to spend time on my hair. Life is too short to mess with it for any length of time. Do it once and that is all it gets for the day...unlike my sister...it has to look good from the front, back and both sides. Yes, she never has a hair out of place no matter what time of the day or night it is. I could expound way more on this but I will refrain. We are different, yes we are.
All of that to say, I rarely use a hairdryer. Mind you, this one is probably a couple decades old but it still worked a few days out of each year. This particular day, I decided that I would be a grown up and take time to style my hair. It was going OK till fire started shooting out the side of the cord! Yup, I should have done my daily hair and skipped the hairdryer. Not wanting to drop the hairdryer in the wet sink, on the floor or in the toilet while burning, I hung onto it while trying to unplug that smoking appliance and choking at the same time! This all happened in a matter of seconds. So much for a "good hair day"!
Yes, my finger was quite sore for a long time. It burned pretty deep. Not pretty and it stank!!
So ladies, check your hairdryers! Replace it if necessary.
I am so thankful that it was just my finger and not the whole house that was burned! I still shake my head when I think about using a hairdryer! Maybe someday I will grow up and use one on a regular basis, keep every hair in place, and have a care. Until then, live life to the fullest!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Ladies, check your hairdryers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seriously... what more can happen to you!?
I'm checking mine first thing tomorrow.... hopefully I'll remember to check it before I wash my hair :)
Love to you - and I'm sending Triple-Antibiotic Cream to you tomorrow!
Ronda! what next?
Okay, I am one of those "hair girls".....one question.....aren't you cold walking around with wet hair?
he he!
OUCH!
I remember this! I can't believe how black that burn was. What's even more amazing is how you can laugh at things like this. I am so lucky to have you as a positive influence in my life!
Post a Comment