Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mama, do you know how much I love you?

"No son, how much?"

"I love you all around the earth, and in the earth, and all around the planets and in the planets, and all over me and in me, and all in everything. That's how much I love you, Mama." Sometimes the best conversations are in the bathroom while wiping a little bottom!

Tonight Landon has been very attentive. He will come up to give me a hug, lay his head on my shoulder, pat me on the back and say how sorry he is because of my tonsils..."and Mama, can I get you any pain medicine? Because Mama, I just want to take care of you." More of that for another post.

As Landon and I were driving home tonight, I told him that he will have to get up really early tomorrow to help me set up computers at the high school. His immediate response from the back seat was, "At your service" with a salute. I was trying NOT to laugh because my throat is still so very sore.

Wanting to post all his comments tonight so I will not forget, I told him we will read books as soon as I am done...while posting, I am instant messaging with Lindsay. Landon looks at me and says, "It looks like you are playing a little chit chat game." Oh to see the world through his innocent eyes is an amazing adventure! Love that boy!

4 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

He reminds me so much of Jedd, he used to come up with all those, "I love you as much as" comments until he settled on this one permanantly,"I love you as much as God loves you."

Lindsay said...

I have tingles from my head to my toes... and Beth's comment makes me smile.

Your boy. Your precious, soaking-in-everythings-around-him boy is amazing.

Thank you for posting this. For him, for you, and for us!

Love the picture too... especially when it is so flipping cold out right now!! :)

Michelle said...

Happy Chit Chatting! :-) cutie pie

Stacy B said...

Every night the girls come up with another "I love you as much as" and every night I get the warmest feeling overwhelming me. Landon is such a helper and observant little boy. I love hearing his comments, thanks!